My Goodbye Letter to SA

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 4 - 11PM
skystar
skystar's picture

My Goodbye Letter to SA

SA:

I've had a lot of time to think about the last 5 years and the fact that I am nearly broke. You are indeed a "special" man. THAT man I will miss. I will miss the laughter we shared as well as the intimacy.

I was in love with the kind, wonderful, loving man that you pretended to be; not the con - artist, narcissist, that preys on women.

I haven't lost/ given away everything yet -- but close to it. Actually - we drank most of it.

I am finally through with alcohol abuse - yours and mine. I'm through with the almost constant demands for attention, through with the yelling, shouting, demeaning, downright cruel, "I'm always right", fight picking person that you become at the slightest provocation. I'm through with the controlling mean spirited evilness that is constantly planning, targeting, marking the next candidate, then picking a fight so you can break free to pursue another deep pocket. I will not associate with you again.

It took me a long time to "get it". 5 years later - I got it. I tried to make your life better - I did that. I forgave, and forgave, and forgave.

The destruction is now complete. Nobody's perfect, certainly not me and not you. But everyone has worth and value - to someone. You simply do not, cannot value me or any woman for long. In spite of what you say, you take your anger at your mother out on every woman alive.

I am the best thing that happened to you - I'll always be. But the key word is 'happened".

My life to the time I met you did not prepare me for someone like you. My husband's were honorable men and they loved me unconditionally. Maybe that's why I was such easy prey.

I started drinking pretty heavily after Ron died. Anger and frustration abounded and I hit the bottle.

I have to find the strength now to move on. I have to change my life (again) and my friends. I deserve better treatment than you have given me. Please - no contact - please. I don't want you near or around my property. STAY AWAY FOREVER. We can not be friends.

Jun 4 - 11PM
wacaet
wacaet's picture

good for you If you need help

good for you If you need help with the drinking issue, shoot me a message. 13 years sober here in spite of coming very close during a D&D by the N...there is nothing in my life that a drink can't make worse
Jun 4 - 11PM
Littleone
Littleone's picture

Very good! Are you planning

Very good! Are you planning on sending this or staying no contact?
Jun 4 - 11PM (Reply to #2)
skystar
skystar's picture

He would never understand it

He would never understand it or feel any remorse. He has said " I'm sorry for all I've put you through" but he really doesnt. It would serve no purpose to send it to him -- it was therapy for me.
Jun 5 - 12AM (Reply to #3)
Littleone
Littleone's picture

Yes I agree, that's why I

Yes I agree, that's why I asked. Glad you wrote it for yourself and yourself alone. It's really frustrating not being able to throw it all back at them because they just won't get it!!!