DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THIS ???????

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 8 - 2AM
candy
candy's picture

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THIS ???????

There are days when i just cant be bothered to do anything,i just sit on the couch watching telly and trying to block him out... i feel like i have no energy left,i get up and my legs feel to weak to stand up,my whole body is like a dead weight,never have i felt so low,and tired... i think i might be depressed,never had depression in my life so i dont really know the symptons ... what i really know is i have changes so much,i walk round with a smile on my face to hide my pain,because i had affair with narc,and cant talk to anyone cos they dont know about it ... so i smile for my family and friends, but im dying in side,i have this big void that i cant fill .... hope this doesnt last much longer,its been 4 months and i am not coping with it at all ..... thanks for listening, you girls are all i have got ... bless you all,

CANDY X X X

Jun 9 - 8AM
Littleone
Littleone's picture

I can promise you that time

I can promise you that time and NC will help clear up this. Your feeling this way because of Cognitive dissonance. It takes a while for the fog to fully lift unfortunately. In my case it took 3 months of moping and limited contact (we have a child together) for the fog to lift properly. When it does, my god what a relief! You must must must stay NC, it is one of the hardest things to do but any contact you have will be a setback in your recovery. Stay strong, be kind to yourself, you've had a pretty rough time haven't you... Nows the time to start being nice to yourself.
Jun 8 - 10PM
beamoflight
beamoflight's picture

Awwwww

All the time hunni, everyday. Unfortunately-- I do it with a box of chocolate. I have been like this for 7 months and now I am 45 MORE pounds heavy than I was. I just started weight watchers this week. I'm hoping it will help with the whole B&P issue too. But yes, I feel the same way.
Jun 8 - 11AM
Smitten Kitten (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Yes, I feel this way too a

Yes, I feel this way too a lot of the time. I have absolutely no energy some days to do much of anything. Sometimes I think it's because he's still sucking my energy from me and I need to cut the psychic cord. My sadness, depression, and fatigue is also much worse when I have PMS. I've noticed that those are my worst days of all in dealing with this post-D&D stuff and knowing that helps because I know it'll get better again in a few days. I don't watch television though, I read instead. I read on this board, other websites, books. It's my new addiction while going through withdrawal from the Narc.
Jun 8 - 6AM
really
really's picture

Yes, I was that way for

Yes, I was that way for several months. I really felt it took everything I had to leave the house and interact with people. I got through it on my own, but that was my decision. Don't hesitate to try to find outside help if you think you need it. Don't pressure yourself to try to be different. You need to allow yourself to process all of this and do what you need to care for yourself or it will come back out in another way later. hugs, really
Jun 8 - 3AM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

It may be depression or a touch of PTSD

or a big touch of both. Either way, very NORMAL responses to a very ABNORMAL and disordered situation. This was ABUSE...if you have feelings, you will FEEL them. I suggest trying to find a competent counselor to help you with this, and in addition, stay close to the board, but if you read the stories here...I even documented on one of my blog posts...it is a very difficult situation to come out of and healing and feeling better will take some time. I am sorry you are feeling this way, but please know that there is an explanation and a reason behind why you are struggling right now - validated by EVERY member on this forum. Hugs!