Ella Fan's Story

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sep 26 - 7PM
Ella Fan
Ella Fan's picture

Ella Fan's Story

My Narc has lost most of his friends because of the way he treats women. This is a small, faith-based community with two Christian colleges right across the street and a community that prides itself on being something like Mayberry. (No kidding).

This guy has, in the past about every 6 months, changed groups of friends because he has been confronted and refuses to change. What happens in a community like ours is people are still friendly (socially) to him, even keep him on email and facebook contacts because they have to see him all the time, but there is this sort of shunning thing going on just beneath the surface. Very subtle....but even I pick up on it.

He keeps going back a generation every time he needs a new group of friends. The last two groups just believe everything (guys and gals) and act horrified. His long-time best friend and room-mate "George" is one of the nicest, most stable, godly guys I know. Yet, when my ex Narc tells him lies when we aren't getting along, I get these terrified looks when I see George like he expects me to boil a bunny in front of him, or something.

My history has been stable for over 2 years....since I put him out of my life. So, why would otherwise, stable, kind guys who KNOW this guy, have SEEN what he has done, and LIVE in the same house with him, take his side?

This is a question I have no answers to. It has actually made me lose respect for his friends who act this way, and avoid them as well.

Sep 26 - 9PM
rosedewittbukater
rosedewittbukater's picture

Because he paints them a picture

We are all painted out as bunny boilers. He may live with this man but he sees what he wants him to see. They are not intimate partners. Even roomates only go so deep. They can paint any picture they want. They can be very convincing!!! That being said, I have never had any respect for any of xN's friends. If you have lost respect for his friends and want to disassociate yourself then that is your divine right! Your instincts are telling you something about these people. Not listening to these kinds of rumblings is what got me into trouble, and brought many people here further pain and agony. I know how frustrating this is. This can make you angry and very frustrated. With myself, so much damage had been done I had to cut off all ties, and I decided my own sanity and my own life depended on it, literally. Not everyone has to like me. xx, Rose
Sep 26 - 10PM (Reply to #2)
Ella Fan
Ella Fan's picture

I guess I still do not understand

Some of his friends, especially "George' are so kind and healthy.....were kind to me when I needed help and he was too busy, one time I locked my car keys in my car and needed a ride to break into my car....he told me he'd just worked out and needed a shower, to call him back, then told me he was going through some stuff and couldn't I get someone else to help me? That night, I got "George" to help....but even with him, each time I see him I just walk past as if I don't see him.....because I hate that terrified look he gets on his face. He and (new gf) have got all these innocent 22 somethings thinking I'm evil. Wow....I guess I want to make the truth to be known. Problem is, the more I used to protest my innocence, the less I was believed. Not sure what is going on now that I just ignore them all, but when will justice happen? Will this guy EVER be called on the carpet and made to be accountable by anyone?