RECOVERY LINKS & RESOURCES
RECOVERY LINKS & RESOURCES
Here is where members can find quick links to chosen blogs, threads, videos, websites and articles to help with recovery. Whether labeled a narcissist, psychopath or sociopath, on the path forward we believe to 'understand it' is the first step for healing from ANY toxic relationship.
Knowledge = freedom and self-empowerment!
I will be updating this thread and list frequently, so if there is a link you want to see included here, please send via private message to me. Links posted anywhere not approved will simply be deleted at our discretion and approved links will be added to the master list which will keep evolving.
(As per forum guidelines, please do not post any outside links in threads without prior approval. The format for posting approved articles will be to copy the content from the article being shared and paste it into a new thread within quotation marks - always citing the original author)
* The Path Forward: Surviving the Narcissist [Paperback]
* The Path Forward: Surviving the Narcissist [Kindle Edition]
* The Path Forward: Surviving the Narcissist [Spanish Version]
* It's All About Him [Paperback]
* It's All About Him [Kindle Edition]
Lisa's Webinars & Bootcamps
We encourage you to read ALL of Lisa’s, Goldie’s and the MOD Squad Blogs – listed here are quick links to some of our favorites based upon frequently asked questions by members. They are not listed in order of date posted, but in an order more relevant to understanding. I've added their posting date to each title to help if you are looking for a specific one again:
* 2013/02/14 - What is a Narcissist?
* 2013/10/21 - Narcissists are Emotion Plagiarizers
* 2011/12/05 - Narcissism is Back as a Psychiatric Disorder!
* 2011/03/05 - Why Writing is Therapeutic when Recovering from a Narcissist
* 2011/10/28 - There appears to be much confusion: What is a PD?
* 2011/03/19 - Narcissist or Sociopath? What's the difference?
* 2012/05/12 - Are PD's bad people?
* 2013/05/21 - Lessons from nature...Predator and Prey
* 2012/04/20 - Hindsight is 20/20, Protect Yourself From These Predators
* 2012/06/08 - Identify; Don't Compare - A Narc is a narc... Abuse is Abuse
* 2013/03/17 - The Empathetic Male with the Narcissist Female
* 2011/12/02 - Sex with the PD
* 2012/02/19 - Understanding A Narcissist's Madonna-Whore Complex
* 2010/06/22 - The Narcissist's Tools
* 2013/10/22 - Text Messages, Romantic gestures? Lazy? Or MAJOR Red Flags. TEXTS do not = Love
* 2012/04/29 - Do Narcs love themselves?
* 2010/11/21 - Why Narcissist Prefers - Admired by Many than Loved by One
* 2011/10/15 - Why the Narcissist can Dish it Out, but Can't Take It
* 2010/11/15 - The "Crazy-Making" Behavior of a Narcissist
* 2011/02/22 - Why the Narcissist is still a Child
* 2011/03/24 - Why a Narcissist will Never Change
* 2011/02/27 - Why Narcissists Seek Out Relationships
* 2011/04/23 - Why the Narcissist Chooses Us
* 2011/03/17 - Why a Narcissist Inevitably Devalues & Discards (D&D) You
* 2012/05/10 - The Dance of the Narc: Delight, Devalue, Degrade, & Discard
* 2013/11/06 - This is how it ends...
* 2011/08/24 - Was I special to them? Liars lie; Cheaters cheat; PD's are PD's
* 2012/09/05 - Do Narcissists choose to be hurtful? How do I stop feeling sorry for the Narcissist?
* 2012/09/13 - Who Really Benefits From Doubt?
* 2011/11/13 - Role you, friend, OW play to the PD
* 2012/04/10 - Is the PD happy now with the OW? He looks happy and I am still miserable.
* 2012/11/05 - Going to Chapel and We're Going to Get Married
* 2013/06/05 - I Am an Ordinary Middle Aged Woman ~ The Other Woman
* 2010/06/06 - Why He Keeps Coming Back
* 2011/04/07 - The Narcissist's Hoover Maneuver
* 2011/12/02 - Responding to contact
* 2011/12/28 - The HOOVER is NOT a compliment!!!
* 2011/10/21 - Contact = Pain
* 2011/08/15 - Beware of the: NARK ATTACK
* 2011/11/18 - Out of options...the struggle with No Contact
* 2012/10/01 - Breaking NC by proxy; IS BREAKING NC and Keeping the Buzz Alive
* 2012/04/11 - What do they "feel" when we go No Contact, the Abuse Cycle, Silent Treatment, and will he change if I go NC?
* 2012/05/11 - So you think he is home alone pondering the RELATIONSHIP?
* 2011/08/04 - Do they love us, feel pain, miss us?
* 2010/07/30 - Narcissists and Memory
* 2010/07/30 - We Cannot Delete Our Memories
* 2011/01/29 - Emotional Memory & the Power of Our Thoughts
* 2010/12/07 - Cognitive Dissonance Leads to Obsessive Thoughts
* 2011/04/19 - Why we Obsess about the Narcissist
* 2012/10/02 - Obsessing about HIM
* 2010/07/27 - Managing Obsessive Thoughts
* 2010/09/18 - More on Managing Obsessive Thoughts
* 2011/02/19 - Retrain your Brain
* 2013/04/07 - Why is UNDERSTANDING it, often, so difficult?
* 2012/01/19 - The Key to Recovering from a Narcissist
* 2011/02/09 - Wake Up and Face Reality... you owe it to yourself!
* 2012/12/31 - Getting off the Endangered Species List
* 2012/04/30 - How do you get your "HEART" to understand?
* 2012/03/29 - Exiting the cage...
* 2011/03/26 - Losing Ourselves in the Narcissist
* 2011/05/27 - WHY do WE put up with their cruel treatment towards us?
* 2013/07/20 - Why is it so Difficult to Stay Away from the Narcissist?
* 2010/10/16 - The Importance of Feeling
* 2010/04/25 - Grieving the Narcissist
* 2011/02/19 - Don't be Afraid to Cry
* 2010/12/01 - FACING FEAR
* 2011/03/04 - Working through Anger When Recovering from a Narcissist
* 2013/09/02 - The Best Revenge for a Narcissist
* 2011/12/19 - Who Should I Blame???
* 2012/09/11 - Grieving and Letting Go
* 2012/02/03 - Acceptance helps stop the spin...
* 2011/12/22 - Cherishing our Independence after the Narcissist
* 2013/06/12 - Digging out the root...the real beginning
Articles & Threads
Some forum threads and posted articles to provide members with information and encouragement to help with recovery.
* ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ - by Goldie
* Tips for New Members - by thebigpayback
* Daily Inspiration Quotes - by Janie53
* Your BEST Advice for Newbie's and Old Timers Struggling - by Goldie
* A Painful Incredulity: Psychopathy and Cognitive Dissonance - (Claudia Moscovici)
* One Thing That Made You Smile Today - by Hunter
* Psychopath Relationship Cycle: Idealize, Devalue & Discard - (Claudia Moscovici)
* You Think That You Are So Special - (Heartless-Bitches)
* I’m Not That Woman (Natalie Lue - Baggage Reclaim)
* People treat us the way we ALLOW them to treat us... - by Goldie
* Thinking of breaking NC??? – by Spinning
* So you think the sex was so 'intense...' – by Winter
* Looking at the narcissist through your lens' – by Goldie
Member’s Recovery Updates
Inspirational posts from members who are healing and moving forward with their lives - sharing with us their recovery success.
* 1 Year Later - by pumpkinpie
* One Year NC - by Alibi_10
* Three Years Since Final Divorce Decree - by Done sourcing
* Hi all haven't been on here in a while - by indenial
* Today is 1 year - holy crap! - by round3
* Wisdom from the other side - by WhiteSwan44
* What I have learned - by peoplepleaser
* Hi Everyone! - by apple
* Just when you think he's gone forever - by smnp
* 18 months No Contact! – by wounded
* Thank God for this site – by Supergirl
* 18 Months NC - Break Through – by Isabella B
* 18 months today... – by shazza060969
* 6 months NC!! – by unbreakable
* Near healing and it feels great – by Belle de jour
* Wanted to share happy news – by Deestarr
* There is light at the end of the tunnel! – by Jar of hearts
* Missed my 1 Year NC...? – by DJ
* Time has been my friend - I'm back to me :) – by Lovely1
* 12 months, 2 VERY DIFFERENT birthdays – by thenewjane
* Weeds – by Janie53
* Success – by SkinnyBuffalo
* What a journey – by Healingslowly_but getting there
* Hello All! Update - by Gravity
* Two years anniversary since final D&D - by Grymel
* My Path Forward - by Janie53
Other resources from around the web. We don’t necessarily endorse all the information found from these links, but feel it is important to gather as much knowledge and validation as possible to help heal on your path to recovery.
* Heartless-Bitches.com – Articles and Website
* Psychopathy Awareness – Claudia Moscovici Blog
* Sam Vaknin Articles & Website
* Alexandra Nouri (Aunt Alex) Blog
* Baggage Reclaim - (Natalie Lue) Blog
* Psychopaths and Love Blog