I am trying to get over it but

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 30 - 12AM
Bhappy
Bhappy's picture

I am trying to get over it but

HI I am having a big problem. My xnarc did a dump and run on me 9 months ago. I was devastated to say the least. It was a mental and physically abusive relationship. My friend who was there for me at that time narc-husband left her a month later. She constantly text me about how terrible her life is, divorce status, her life is ruined etc. Sometimes it gets to be so overwhelming for me I actually feel I am living her life. I have given her so many suggestions on what to do. I feel like I am her counselor. If I say anything about my situation or life she does not acknowledge it. So with that, I have not had a lot of time to heal like I should and focus on me. I feel like I am reliving my situation over and over again by her venting on me. It has really held me back by taking care of her so much. I have tried to be there for her all the way but she has not for me. I have not seen her in person for months and she lives in the same town. I just don't know what to do. I have tried to distance myself so that I do not have to continually think about breakups and abusive relationships so that I can make my own life. I have told her countlessly I cannot handle and any stress or negativity. It has been hard because I want to be a good friend but I cant until I can heal myself. I don't know what to do.

Nov 30 - 1PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

Excuses

Nov 30 - 4PM (Reply to #7)
Trixy
Trixy's picture

Jeez Goldie :-)

Nov 30 - 12PM
Done sourcing
Done sourcing's picture

It sounds like you are