narcs goodbye letter to EmpatheticMale

1 post / 0 new
#1 Jul 6 - 4AM
Empatheticmale
Empatheticmale's picture

narcs goodbye letter to EmpatheticMale

Hi everyone, I've noticed that there aren't many of these posted in this forum but thought I'd like to share mine as although I know that this sort of letter would never be forthcoming from a narc, the writing and reading process is helping immensely with my recovery. Hopefully it will help others too.

Thanks J

Heh there

I wanted to contact you in order to apologise for the appalling way that I treated you during our relationship. I now realise that I was incredibly selfish and took advantage of you on so many occasions. You were always so kind, loving, and supportive despite this and I have been missing you desperately since you left.

The reasons I chose to have a relationship with you are numerous, I saw so quickly your generosity, your kindness and your caring and loving nature. You are so handsome and when I saw your lovely smile I knew wanted you in my life.

I know that lots of people around here think I’m odd and deep down I know I am. You now know the problem I am facing with the NPD and understand that unfortunately I can’t do anything about it. I have this huge salary and all the spoils with it, but have no-one to share it with. But unfortunately I need validation from so many people that having a loving relationship with one person is impossible for me and it was selfish of me to try with you. But that doesn’t excuse me for being so abusive to you and for that I will be eternally sorry.

I’m sorry that I rejected and abused you so frequently during our relationship and thank you for trying so desperately hard to please me. I know how difficult it would have been for you to have trusted me, especially considering that I spent much of our relationship with others. I’m also sorry that our holidays were such a disaster with my selfishness. You work so hard and deserve to enjoy your holidays. I hope that one day you will be able to forgive me for the terrible ending of our relationship in Australia, you were getting too close to me and the truth and it scared me to the core. It must have been an awful experience for you. I am so sorry.

I took for granted all that you did for me, showering me with your love and affection, working so hard to make the garden beautiful for all of us, doing things around the house so I had some time to do things for myself and looking after my son. He really misses you and it has been incredibly difficult explaining to him that you won’t be coming back.

I could never have returned a fraction of what you gave to me and in a way I am glad that you are now free to find someone that you deserve. I’m also so glad to hear that you are feeling happier now and wish you all the very best in all things for the future.

I will miss you dearly but respect your desire to break contact completely and will honour your request.

I just hope that one day I will learn to love and respect someone in the way you did for me.

Take care