My story

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 14 - 8AM
betterforit
betterforit's picture

My story

I met "Larry" at a friends house shortly after my husband of 11 years and I separated. My family and i call him Larry due to the Cat in the Hat movie. The mother in this movie has an asshole boyfriend who at the end of the movie reveals himself and is nasty and disgusting.

Anyway, Larry was everything my ex husband wasn't. He liked to talk (about himself) asked me a lot of questions about my likes, dislikes and he bitched a lot about his ex wife and previous girlfriend who had cheated on him (poor guy couldn't catch a break). From the get go, he told me all the things his other exes did that he didn't like. He clung to me like a fly n shit and being ignored for so many years, I ate it up! I noticed right away he wasn't very sexual. He is a cerebral narc who would rather read for 6 hours at a time or google "conspiracy theories" like it was his job to exposed the government for all the wrong in our country. He quickly began to tell me the right way to discipline my children and easily conditioned us to walk on egg shells when he was around. He was jealous and thought any and every man who gave me attention was trying to invade on his turf. He used to say that "you are mine and I am yours" alll the time! God I was sooo stupid! I broke up with him after about 2 months of dating because i just felt he was "bored" with me now and really didn't seem as interested. He is very very intelligent and has a way with words and convinced me of all the reasons we should stay together. After the reconcile he seemed obsessed with our sex life. Wanted to try this and that and blew up my phone CONSTANTLY explain what he would want to do sexually. This creeped me out but it was the opposite of my ex, so must be love, right? Stupidly we moved in together about a year after dating and THAT'S when i said FUCK THIS. I questioned him on everything! He always had an answer as to why he wasn't wanting to be intimate and why he was always tired, sick, grumpy etc. He was loud and boisterous and just plain obnoxious and this is when my friends and family members started to question our relationship. I am very open with my family members (cousins who are also my best friends) and would tell them things that were happening. They were my saving grace and assured me that yes, he wasn't "normal" and I deserved better.

Our last day "together" was a doozy! I told him what i thought of him (his inability to be intimate etc" and he called me a "c*nt". THAT is when I said enough is enough. I told him I wanted him out and that he was not a real man but a coward piece of shit. He came at me like he was going to head butt me but stopped a few inches short. The next day I visited the police station and spoke to an officer about my situation, He told me that unless he put his hands on me, i had no case. I felt like I was going insane! I found a therapist in town who specializes in Narcissism and from her office, we text him (very carefully) about what I needed him to do. Basically his name was on my lease and I had to get him the hell off. He drug his feet and said he needed "time to save money for first and last" since technically he had the next month paid for at our house since we paid first and last...my family rallied together and we all threw money into the "Get Larry the fuck out fund" I couldn't believe it! He bit! He started looking for an apartment that afternoon. He was in my house for 3 weeks cause not one of his friends or family members would allow him to stay with them. My family members took turn staying here so I was not alone with him. We sat in my living room and laughed and listened to music while he laid on the couch in the other room and SEETHED!! We all packed his shit and moved into our sun room and that's where Larry "lived" until his apartment was open for him on the first. This is where I actually like my story....I found this website and threw myself into learning about narcissism. While Larry was here I used everyone's awesome advice and IGNORED the shit outta him! He hated it!! He tried EVERYTHING...being nice and sweet, tried to make me laugh, tried to get me to argue with him, tried to call me names and I didn't bite...not once...he laid on his couch and told his friends how he wanted a "normal woman" and how I forced him to move in with me and how he didnt want to have sex with me because i was "into group sex and girls....." (not true). He talked so loud and wanted me to hear it all...and i did...I said NOTHING and let him go on and on.....the last day he was here moving his stuff out, he tried to converse with me and my friends.....that's until my uncles and male cousins showed up and little old Larry jumped in his vehicle like a rat with his tail between his legs and I have not heard or seen him since. My friends and family know what he is and he knows it........because of this, i do not think Larry will show his disgusting mug around these parts again...all my friends and family took him off his face book before he even moved out. This INFURIATED him and he actually asked me WHY?! I just looked at him stone face and continued making dinner..Today i am actually thankful for my experience with old Larry.

Through therapy and reflection, I now know my father was a Narcissist and am more aware of why I am attracted to this type of pig. I have a great job, two wonderful sons, faithful friends and a HUGE extended family who all rallied together to make this scumbag run and hide. Without the information from this forum, all you ladies and what I have read on the internet, I would have continued to let Larry convince me that "I will never be happy" After all that shit, I am here in MY home, drinking a hot cup of coffee THAT I BOUGHT listening to my children LAUGH and play and guess what Larry?? I am a smart, loving beautiful mommy, daughter, sister and friend and because of you, I will NEVER forget it!!!!!!!

Feb 14 - 3PM
Sandy231
Sandy231's picture

loved it

Feb 14 - 4PM (Reply to #3)
betterforit
betterforit's picture

Sandy,

Feb 14 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Welcome to Narcville, Your