Musical Motivation for us Guys

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Feb 5 - 5AM
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Musical Motivation for us Guys

Alrighty, I know this forum doesn't get much traffic and it seems 90% of the guys who post here don't stick around or if the do they don't post much but I'll post anyways.
I spent some time going through my iPod yesterday and I found quite a few songs that lyrically hit the spot. No matter what kinda mood you find yourself in there is some song out there to match it I will post a few that struck a chord with me (pun intended) and maybe they will do the same for you. These songs are a bit more "aggressive" than you might find on the Internet when you are looking for "pick me up" songs if you are down but I find that helps me more than a slow light / sad or inspiring song. Just gets the blood flowing, makes me feel a bit stronger, more defiant about the whole narc situation.

Today's selection comes from Five Finger Death Punch called Never Enough (YouTube it for the song) lyrics are as follows:

I'm so fed up with everyone around me
No one seems to care
I'm just so far gone and nothing's gonna change
I'll never be the same
It's always do this, do that, everything they want to
I don't wanna live that way
Every chance they get they're always pushing me away

It's never enough, no it's never enough
No matter what I say
I'll never be what you want me to be

It's all so messed up and no one ever listens
Everyone's deranged
I'm just so fucked up and I'm never gonna change
I wanna lay it all to waste
They're always say this, say that, nothing that you want to
I don't wanna live that way
Every chance they get they're always shoving me aside

No matter what I say
I'M DONE!

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete
Drawn only to be washed away
For the time that I've been given
I am what I am

(POSTERS NOTE: best lyrics of the song right here)
I'd rather hate you for everything you are
Than ever love you for something you are not
I'd rather you hate me for everything I am
Than have you love me for something that I can't

It's never enough, it's never enough
No matter what I say
No matter who I try to be
No matter how I try to taste
It's never enough, never never enough

Mar 29 - 3AM
JustBecauseYourMean
JustBecauseYourMean's picture

New here music is my therepy thought I would share a few songs

Mar 6 - 8PM
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Artist: Silverstein Song:

Mar 6 - 9PM (Reply to #17)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Thanks for sharing

Feb 25 - 7AM
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Its been a while BUT here is another song

If there was ever a song about a Narc and what they do to you here it is. Its a harsh reminder of what we went through and its hard to call this song a pick me up BUT it does just go again to show you that this is not something we go through alone. I this popped up on a jukebox and I couldn't help but shake my head in agreement the entire time the song was playing. Artist: Saliva Song: "How Could You?" Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R1ti1n3TdU I'm addicted to Every single thing you do I'm dying inside Your sucking me down It makes me feel, I'm gonna drown It's killing me now All you do is bring me down All this time and all your lies It has been no surprise Now I realize it now [Chorus:] How could you cheat on me Then turn your back on me You told me all the lies and hypnotized and I believed How could you cheat on me Then turn your back on me You told me all the lies and hypnotized and I believed I'm coming to know all the secrets that you hold You think I'm a fool and I don't know what you do But I look in your eyes and I finally realize In all this time and all your lies It has been no surprise now I realize and now [Chorus] How could you cheat on me Then turn your back on me You told me all the lies and hypnotized and I believed How could you cheat on me Then turn your back on me You told me all the lies and hypnotized and I believed And now with all your pride You still can't look me in the eyes and now in all your shame You can't even speak my name [Chorus] How could you cheat on me Then turn your back on me You told me all the lies and hypnotized and I believed How could you cheat on me Then turn your back on me You told me all the lies and hypnotized and I believed I'm addicted to every single thing you do I'm dying inside....
Feb 22 - 10PM
sharlenemorgan
sharlenemorgan's picture

Thank You for the music. Love

Thank You for the music. Love it and it makes the workouts more about getting back to me.
Feb 13 - 10AM
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Somebody That I Used To Know

This is my story in musical format... I'm sure it will sound very similar to a lot of you here as well Artist: Gotye, featuring Kimbra Song: Somebody That I Used to Know Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY [Gotye:] Now and then I think of when we were together Like when you said you felt so happy you could die Told myself that you were right for me But felt so lonely in your company But that was love and it's an ache I still remember You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness Like resignation to the end, always the end So when we found that we could not make sense Well you said that we would still be friends But I'll admit that I was glad it was over But you didn't have to cut me off Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing And I don't even need your love But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough No you didn't have to stoop so low Have your friends collect your records and then change your number I guess that I don't need that though Now you're just somebody that I used to know Now you're just somebody that I used to know Now you're just somebody that I used to know [Kimbra:] Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over But had me believing it was always something that I'd done But I don't wanna live that way Reading into every word you say You said that you could let it go And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know [Gotye:] But you didn't have to cut me off Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing And I don't even need your love But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough And you didn't have to stoop so low Have your friends collect your records and then change your number I guess that I don't need that though Now you're just somebody that I used to know [x2] Somebody (I used to know) Somebody (Now you're just somebody that I used to know) (I used to know) (That I used to know) (I used to know) Somebody
Feb 6 - 11AM
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Alright, day 2 of this post

Alright, day 2 of this post and today I bring you a song about just letting go because you finally realize its not worth it, these Narcs are selfish, take take take, never giving, all about them shells of human beings. I had a major realization today and it really goes in line with this song. No I'm not advocating ACTUALLY saying goodbye, NC and all that, but you can say goodbye, by yourself, behind closed doors and let it all go once and for all. Artist: Simple Plan Title: Time to Say Goodbye I just don't want to waste another day I'm trying to make things right But you shove it in my face And all those things you've done to me I can't erase And I can't keep this inside It's time to say goodbye On the first day that I met you I should have known to walk away I should have told you you were crazy And disappear without a trace But instead I stood there waiting Hoping you would come around But you always found a way to let me down [Chorus] It's time to say goodbye (I just don't want to waste another day) It's time to say goodbye (Cause things will never be the same) It's time to say goodbye (You make me think I need to walk away) It's time to say goodbye It's time to say goodbye After all the things I've done for you You never tried to do the same It's like you always play the victim And I'm the one you always blame When you need someone to save you When you think you're going to drown (Think you're going to drown) You just grab your arms around me and pull me down [Chorus] It's time to say goodbye (I just don't want to waste another day) It's time to say goodbye (Cause things will never be the same) It's time to say goodbye (You make me think I need to walk away) It's time to say goodbye It's time to say goodbye Now I'm gone It's too late You can't fix Your mistakes I was trying to save you from you So you scream So you cry I can see Through your lies You're just trying to change me (Trying to change me) Somewhere in the distance There's a place for me to go I don't want you to hate me But I think you need to know You're weighing on my shoulders And I'm sick of feeling down So I guess it's time for me to say goodbye
Feb 7 - 8AM (Reply to #7)
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Keeping on that with the motivation - song 3

Today we have a more upbeat rhythm, to me the lyrics express a sadness yet that sadness is laced with a mixture of the beginnings of undersanding and acceptance. The singer expresses his sadness and struggles yet he is fighting to move on. The tone of the music, at least to me, is upbeat- kind of like a club song. I interpret that Coupled with the sad lyrics to maybe imply that "happy face" we put on to mask our inner pain from others, like it's all ok when it really isn't. Good luck, keep fighting and stay strong! -Gso Artist: 3oh3 Track: R.I.P. This town used to be a pretty place to stay A place you'd stop off on the highway But all of those things changed on a day You packed up your bags And you ran away All they say is how you've changed Everyday I stay the same So you can keep the necklace that I gave to you I'll keep the shitty tattoos I can see it from the other side The grass isn't always as green The house is burnt to ashes I'm no longer in-between R.I.P. R.I.P. You and me I can see it from the other side The grass isn't always as green The house is burnt to ashes I'm no longer in-between R.I.P. R.I.P. You and me I count the empty bottles upon the bar But I give up, I can't count that far The lights in this place are too dim to see They're kickin' me out It's a quarter past three They tell me you're all I've got I just need these dreams to stop You can keep the necklace that I gave to you I'll keep the shitty tattoos I can see it from the other side The grass isn't always as green The house is burnt to ashes I'm no longer in-between R.I.P. R.I.P. You and me I can see it from the other side The grass isn't always as green The house is burnt to ashes I'm no longer in-between R.I.P. R.I.P. You and me In the back of the car On the way to your home In the pouring rain On the side of the road In the light of the street In the recline of the seat You told me I should move on In the back of the car On the way to your home In the pouring rain On the side of the road In the light of the street In the recline of the seat You told me I should move on I can see it from the other side The grass isn't always as green The house is burnt to ashes I'm no longer in-between R.I.P. R.I.P. You and me I can see it from the other side The grass isn't always as green The house is burnt to ashes I'm no longer in-between R.I.P. R.I.P. You and me
Feb 10 - 11AM (Reply to #8)
Gso88
Gso88's picture

I've fallen behind here, it's

I've fallen behind here, it's been an interesting couple of days. Here's a song (really loud and aggressive beats) for when you are feeling a little down or maybe if you are putting some blame on yourself. This song reminds me that it is not my fault in any way shape or form. And I'm putting this behind me and moving forward. This is not a song for easy listening. There is a LOT of screaming and general craziness. I listen to this when I am going to the gym or using my punching bag. Unless you are prepared or extremely open minded about musical genres you may just want to take the message from the lyrics! Artist: Killswitch Engage Song: A Bid Farewell Link (if it works...): http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CEcQtwIwBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTOHUFiCU5X0&ei=31c1T9DVM66F0QHpnYHEAg&usg=AFQjCNHrtKiepXefnuSuQRPDu39cKk3bpg&sig2=sS4cqzdUbM7Zf8rFSf3BMQ I will bid farewell, sever the ties This is all I am, this is all that's left Turn from deceit, the love of self is death Deliverance is given to you I will bid farewell, Sever the ties Now your heart beats black with deception, you have been forsaken Leave behind (I will) all reminders of you I will bid farewell To all lies I will bid farewell Sever the ties Searching, always searching Hoping for a change But I will never be satisfied I will now bid farewell I will bid farewell To all lies I will bid farewell Sever the ties
Feb 12 - 12PM (Reply to #11)
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Gso88

Yikes.. I think I'm getting old. :) Hunter
Feb 12 - 1PM (Reply to #12)
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Totally warned you! I wasn't

Totally warned you! I wasn't even saying that is good music, just a good message in there haha
Feb 11 - 7AM (Reply to #9)
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Im going to continue to post

Im going to continue to post here because Im finding it very therapeutic to keep digging through my iPod and find motivational songs. I don't know what it is about music but when a song really hits home I just keep that sucker on repeat all day and find something new the next day Today its a song about fighting on Artist: Art of Dying Song: Get Thru This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxeMpkw8FPw I've seen better days yeah So says the mirror It's hard to find divinity when you're the king of men If I can get through this I can get through anything If I can make it through this I can get through anything If I can get through this I can get through anything If I can make it through this I promise you, I promise you It could be much worse But the call is close Tomorrow's my reason for today to let go If I can get through this I can get through anything If I can make it through this I can get through anything If I can get through this I can get through anything If I can make it through this I promise you, I promise you If I can get through this I can get through that If you cut me wide open { From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/art-of-dying-lyrics/get-through-this-lyrics.html } I can cut you some slack If you come when I'm leaving I might never be back I know it�s not easy just a matter of fact If I can get through this I can get through that If you cut me wide open I can cut you some slack If you come when I'm leaving I might never be back I know it's not easy just a matter of fact If I can get through this I can get through anything If I can make it through this I can get through anything If I can get through this I can get through that If you cut me wide open (If I can get through this) I can cut you some slack If you come when I'm leaving (If I can get through this) I might never be back I know it's not easy (If I can get through this) just a matter of fact
Feb 22 - 11AM (Reply to #10)
TNR1
TNR1's picture

It's been a while since you

It's been a while since you have added any songs and although some might struggle to appreciate the bands you have chosen, I suspect there are lots of hurting individuals for who these songs really resonate. Just saying...
Feb 5 - 7AM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

We often feel unheard after a major kick in the ass

You were NOT heard with her this is for sure and as unfair as that was, we on here do GET THIS. She was using you for supply and it does feel great to be around someone when they are on top of their game. Like a politician or actor when they are getting the votes and the roles. Life is a party. Life is also a choice, all MEN know this and I believe that women are beginning to learn this as well now that they are in more of an independent role in many cases. As you begin to sort out your feelings of shock, betrayal, feeling used, duped, angry, sad, and all the rest of it, you begin to go much deeper into your own inner core and ask yourself the important questions. What type of man or woman is going to work better for you.. Not talking about the shrot haul here, talking about the long haul. You said yourself in another post that YOU DID pick up all the signs YOU just chose to ignore them as many of us here did as well. We can all chose the cake and icecream, the coke, the expensive car, ect..and we know there is a price to pay. We get fat, we get addicted to drugs, we have no money to pay our bills when we make foolish choices. We grow to learn that this ALSO applies to people. When we chose the wrong people, and sleep with the devil, although it is a high for awhile what we get on the backend for most of us is just not worth it. As for the forum, if you keep posting here, people will respond. God bless, Goldie
Feb 5 - 6AM
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

I get the impression by your

I get the impression by your song choice that you feel you "weren't enough". Please know that it isn't you, it is her. No one will ever satisfy her appetite for supply. It's just the way it is. That is why it is so important NOT to take it personal, because it is NOT a personal reflection on you, or any of us. Accept that she is what she is, and eventually you will be able to move on. It's hard, whether you are a man or a woman. Victims of NPD are unisex. Good luck with your continued efforts, you will get there!
Feb 5 - 6AM (Reply to #2)
Gso88
Gso88's picture

Sparrow...

Not so much that I feel that I personally wasn't enough, but that no matter what nothing would ever be enough for her (the need to fill that supply) and I wouldn't want to live that way. But I guess at the same time I still feel a personal sting too it, because when she did have that supply she was great to be around.
Feb 7 - 9AM (Reply to #4)
oceangirl
oceangirl's picture

You are good enough

My old neighbor told me (we are both surfers) and he knew I could relate, so I hope you can use this advice he gave me: Don't let the drowning swimmer take you down - save yourself I like your song choices. One of the incomprehensible things your N did, and they all do, because it was done to me, too, was to convince everyone else that it was you, not them. It is an awful feeling to try to justify yourself to everyone, but you don't really have to in the end. Just be yourself and try not to worry about what everyone else thinks. Those that loved you anyway will always love you. The N finally gets theirs and people figure them out. Karma is on our side! Oceangirl
Feb 5 - 6AM (Reply to #3)
Sparrow
Sparrow's picture

I know what you mean. They

I know what you mean. They are great to be around while their supply needs are being met. But beyond that, they are dead inside. It's sad actually, but nothing we can do but detach ourselves from them. Much will be learned in your journey and one day, you will meet a non-disordered, and she will benefit from what you have learned through all of this. And you will be at peace with it all as well. Stay strong!