crazymoon5150's story

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 27 - 7AM
crazymoon5150
crazymoon5150's picture

crazymoon5150's story

I had no idea what NPD was until my best friend stumbled on to it during her train wreck of a marriage, we'd been friends for 20+ years and we'd get together hang out, go to concerts and we did are usal "Bitch" sessions about this or that, but as years rolled by we were sitting in the parking lot waiting to see Def Leppard in Detroit and it occurred to us, "We should not be this miserable, something is wrong in our marriages" The usal bitching about not taking out the garbage or leaving shoes or work boots in the middle of the floor now was something else.

I remember telling my husband of 15 years for years in joking manning 'Go ahead you always do what you want in spite of how I feel" We could never talk about anything, being emotions, oh in the beginning we could he was like a love sick puppy , passionate, charming , loving ,telling me how much he loved me , never felt this way about any other woman, we were both in our early 20s when we met.

about 7 years into the marriage things changed I started bucking the system, I wanted to go to school, I wanted to travel ,our kids were getting older .. no longer did they want to go "Camping" every year with my entire family of inlaws for weeks at a time , they wanted to go to amusement parks , zoo, etc.... NOPE....."He was going camping with or with out us " and if it didnt' concern him then he didnt do it, for years I thought"Well he just doesent like doing this or that, I can relate there are things I dont like ,camping, and if I dont go then I get the silent treatment and he shuts himself off" I never retaliated .. I just invited some friends and went and that was that.

Then... roughly 3 years ago, I fell assbackwards into his affair with a co worker by answering a phone call, on his cell phone ,he actually tried to justify his cheating by blaming it on me, because I wasn't there for him I pushed him away, well yes I did because I got tired of his BS. His one way street or my way or the highway .. so he replaces me, about this time my BF.. stumbles on the NPD... and my oh my , did the blinders come off, I looked back over the years and it was like a whole new world opened up.

For years I felt like some big flop of a failure of a wife... I used to cry, engage him, try to get him to understand me, now I know why ... He can't. Hes incapable, its all about him, as it unraveled these last two years, it all started making sense, Now I have read all I can get my hands on, my BF too. she had taken seminars on co dependency and NPD... Her husband was verbally abusice and sadistic my husband is not mean, he just with hold his affectons he does not raise his voice, yell, call me names we dont f ight, he justdoes what he wants and its all about him and how he lools, he tries to idealize me '' lose some weight, wear skrits or dresses or thongs. "

He changes his persona every ten years, it seems, I havent changed, its almost creepy. Now I am armed with tools and things have gotten 100 percent better , I set up boundries and he has to stick to them and I dont argue with him anymore I dont cry anymore, and feel like a doormat.

Not saying its perfect its not I have my days where it would be nice to have some affection and recognition to be thought of when I start feeling like that I think "Demand little, expect little 'Its not that he doesen't want to , its just he can't. What a life.... sometimes its draining.

Apr 27 - 5PM
Barbara (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Welcome crazymoon5150

Welcome... - PLEASE go through ALL the pages on 'Message Board' as I have loaded it with articles and your questions have probably already been asked and answered many many times. Click through the pages and read what interests you. You'll get up to speed and learn a LOT. - YOU must go NO CONTACT on him immediately - there is a great post in the My Blog section on WHAT NO CONTACT MEANS - read it and follow it. Change phone & cell numbers if you have to. NO CONTACT!!! - PLEASE read the stories of others. This alone is one of the most validating things you can do. Far too many become completely wrapped up in their own drama... which just makes it all worse. You did not choose him! YOU, as all of us, WERE A TARGET!! - PLEASE read through our whole blog: http://allabouthim.com - chock full of articles about Ns and healing please read the Rules prior to posting on each board, as well - listen to our free radio show - archived at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allabouthim - Please remember this board is NEVER to be used as a replacement for therapy. Please find a therapist and start going as SOON as possible for whatever level of PTSD he's left you with. 18 months for starting to deprogram plus one continuous year of therapy is a must! ~~~~~~~~~ Moving Forward: Coaching for Victims Pathologicals Feelings buried alive never die. - Alice Miller
Apr 27 - 10AM
hope4me
hope4me's picture

same story

OMG, after reading this I feel like I am looking into a mirror of my life. Same story almost to a tee. We met in our 20's, he was loving, charming, sweet and told me I was the love of his life. After we married and the kids came along it was all about him. He went on his vacations, fishing, hunting, etc. We could go along or not. The kids were too young and they too would rather go to waterparks, amusement parks. The one time he went, he complained and was BORED, rather be at the lake, partying and drinking with his friends. I withdrew, became angry and basicaly just did things with myself and my kids, he chose to live his own life. Then the affair which I stumbled upon through texts and my 3 year old teling me about the OW. His excuse, the same..you made me do it, she is attentive, she makes me feel wanted blah blah. Yeah I made you make life all about you until I could take no more, drove myself into panic attacks and depression, it was all me. Sadly, when I filed for divorce and went through the 10 months of hell with lawyers I did question whether it was me, maybe if I had done things different, maybe if I had gone on HIS trips, sat and watched him do HIS hobbies. But, in the end, it wouldn't of changed, it still hasn't. I just hate the fact that I can't go NC because of our kids, but luckily he isn't a very hands on dad, so conact is minimal. Now, I long for the day my girls figure him out. They are pathetic individuals.