his wedding is at 2:30 today

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Nov 14 - 2PM
Janet
Janet's picture

his wedding is at 2:30 today

I am much more anxious than I wish I were. Thoughts and memories of "good times" with him are running around my head. I KNOW that he is an N/P and a substance abuser -- yet I find myself imagining the happy ending for them; the happiness I had so fought for. Imagining them at the alter of the cathedral, him saying to her that he will "love, honour and cherish her all the days of his life..." and wondering if he really means those words with her. If he does love her and it was just me that was not his type. Are they happy? Is he happy? It just happens that nobody I know is available to hang out today and I am sitting here on a beautiful day all alone while he is surrounded by his family and friends getting married. I am sitting here doing my very best not to think of him. AAAIIIIEEEEE.
If anyone else wrote this I know what I would say. I have been here since February! I am in therapy. It is working, I am getting better but this is a tough hurdle.

I am going to go for a run and the gym...please tell me what I need to hear today. Thanks

Nov 15 - 1PM
jaycee
jaycee's picture

janet

janet, you are the lucky one, imagine what her life will be like with him, the lies, the cheating, the moods, and the awful way of being emotionally abused. how sad for her, how lucky for you.......you now have a chance to love and be loved by a normal human being, not a monster....i will pray for you........xoxo Jaycee

Jaycee

Nov 15 - 1PM
helldweller
helldweller's picture

Janet

WE are the lucky ones, just like all of these great women have said. How are you feeling today?
Nov 15 - 7PM (Reply to #23)
Janet
Janet's picture

I feel great!!! Thanks in

I feel great!!! Thanks in large part to all of you great gals and guys on this site! It is so freeing. Had a wonderful day (I LOVE my job -- teaching HS Drama and Directing the plays) -- so wonderful to be around positive energy all day - and APPRECIATE it. While with n/p I was tired and would complain so much, hmmmmmmmm. The kids had a homework assignment to write a review on the 1961 "A RAISIN IN THE SUN" over the weekend; I took a quick look at a few of them. One kid wrote how he liked the movie because it spoke to him about the values that really matter, personal integrity and dignity. Couldn't have said it better. Thank you all so much! Peace. J

Peace. J

Nov 15 - 6AM
Bodhi
Bodhi's picture

You didn't dodge a bullet...

You didn't dodge a bullet... it was more like a cannonball :) My ex-narc got married a few months ago... and very quickly I should add. It was very tough for me (to say the least), but now that some time has past I can see that it was a gift. It gave me a TON of closure and I feel so much better now. He's no longer my problem. It is more than OK to feel like poo now... it is completely normal. Feel the pain now... because the only way out is through.
Nov 15 - 1AM
CarolKittyGale (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Be brave keep strong you can

Be brave keep strong you can do this. Continue to look after you. In time you will see you have had a lucky escape and the OW has done you a favour, you will come to see her as your saviour and out from a horrible life. I am not telling you this because it is what you want to hear I am telling you this because it is the truth and you will come to see this. Hope you felt good after your run and gym.....bet your looking real gooooood. :-))) (((Big Hug)))
Nov 15 - 1AM
Godhasaplanforme
Godhasaplanforme's picture

You're a really strong

You're a really strong woman, i cried when I found out he was dating another girl, i know..pretty soon i will also find out that he's getting married to her, but you know what..she's the fool and you know it all too well... God has been kind to you...he forced you to let go off him. And although all of us women on this site might not be there for you physically, we all feel for you and care about you Treat yourself well and spoil yourself this week because you truly deserve it!
Nov 15 - 1AM
Godhasaplanforme
Godhasaplanforme's picture

You're a really strong

You're a really strong woman, i cried when I found out he was dating another girl, i know..pretty soon i will also find out that he's getting married to her, but you know what..she's the fool and you know it all too well... God has been kind to you...he forced you to let go off him. And although all of us women on this site might not be there for you physically, we all feel for you and care about you Treat yourself well and spoil yourself this week because you truly deserve it!
Nov 15 - 12AM
Lisa E. Scott
Lisa E. Scott's picture

Janet

Almostlydia is right: "You dodged a bullet today." You certainly did! Thank God you are no longer with him. He is not happy with her nor will he ever by happy with anyone! Narcissists disconnect from themselves as a child. What may be more important for you to understand, however, is not only have they disconnected from themselves, but they will NEVER allow themselves to connect with another person. Narcissists live in a world of fear. They are afraid of being exposed, afraid of being abandoned and afraid of losing control. Living in a state of fear like this causes them to always be in a fight or flight mode. They are always on the defense and unable to let their guard down. As a result, they do not attach to others in a healthy way and inevitably destroy any trust that once existed in a relationship. A healthy relationship with a narcissist can never exist. Be grateful you dodged a bullet like AlmostLydia said and embrace your newfound freedom! You deserve real genuine love and you are now open to receiving that which you deserve! xoxo
Nov 14 - 6PM
almostlydia
almostlydia's picture

You dodged a bullet today.

You dodged a bullet today. You know you did. almostlydia

almostlydia

Nov 14 - 5PM
blueeyes
blueeyes's picture

Janet

Thank god you were at the gym today at 2:30! You my friend are one of the lucky ones that didn't become the wife. Not because you weren't good enough or couldn't make it work! NO NO! Because you are LUCKY. I was/am the wife and believe me, it is and will always will be hell to divorce a Narcissist. The only way to survive is to divorce them if you want any kind of real happiness.
Nov 14 - 5PM (Reply to #15)
Susan32
Susan32's picture

Being LUCKY...

Being married to a Narc and having his kids... yikes... that sounds so hellish I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Being with the ex-P was a rollercoaster, but being married and having his kids... that would've been too much for me. Way too much. Women who have survived marriage/parenthood with Ns/Ps are heroic.
Nov 14 - 4PM
naivenomore
naivenomore's picture

You will get through this

I know this must be very trying for you on this day, but you have come so far! I remember reading all of your posts when I was in very rough shape and found your strength to be so comforting. You still have that strength, and you will see it again, once the initial shock of this has passed. Ask yourself honestly, "If he knocked at my door right now and asked me to marry him, what would I say?" I'll bet it would be NO, so not a loss for you, but rather a gain. You really know what this guy is all about now and the OW will, soon enough - that's a guarantee! Hugs!!
Nov 14 - 3PM
MsVulcan500
MsVulcan500's picture

I'm there too

Hi Janet, I am exactly where you are. I found out today that the narc is getting married in 2 weeks. I am having many of the same thoughts you are. I know our situations are pretty similar, so here is what I am thinking: we were together for over 5 years, never lived together, never really talked seriously about marriage. Now, in 9 months he was engaged and 5 months later is getting married. I am thinking that she really doesn't know him and it will all start to come out when they are living together. She is going to go through just what I went through, only she'll have to go through a divorce where I just walked away. Why is he getting married now? Is she really THE ONE? I doubt it. She has something that he wants. I have no idea what that is, but it is something. And he is either going to take it and leave, or he will drive her into such insanity that she will have to leave. He will never be satisfied with what he's got. I don't believe a marriage license or vows in front of God mean anything to them. They only do what they have to do to get what they want. Just keep in your mind that this too shall pass, and he will get bored and move on, or cheat, forcing her to move on. I am also thinking that this will buy me some more time to get on with my life so there will be no way he can try to recycle me. I'm sorry you're going through this, Janet. It just makes us have a lot of questions again. Stay strong and it will pass just like when we found out they were dating, when they got engaged, all of it. He will never be happy. He's incapable. (((HUGS)))
Nov 14 - 10PM (Reply to #12)
M
M's picture

marriage

My xhN never really spoke about marriage... until the one day I said I wouldn't cosign on a mortgage unless I was married. He proposed three days before the mortgage papers needed to be signed.
Nov 14 - 10PM (Reply to #11)
M
M's picture

marriage

My xhN never really spoke about marriage... until the one day I said I wouldn't cosign on a mortgage unless I was married. He proposed three days before the mortgage papers needed to be signed.
Nov 14 - 3PM
Briseis
Briseis's picture

This is a sad day :(

For that poor new wife of his. She is probably beautifully dressed, and so hopeful. She's put so much work into this, so many hopes and dreams. And like the rest of us, she has NO idea what kind of hell she is on the brink of :( Pray for her, that she realizes sooner than you did, and wakes up and finds support and comfort and healing for herself cuz God knows she is going to need every bit of it :( You, on the other hand, are free. Free to move forward. Your heart, while heavy right now, is getting lighter every day of your freedom. The lessons and insights into yourself and life are more precious to you than it is possible to say. You never again have to be that poor victim on at an altar with stars in your eyes and a descent to Hell in your future.
Nov 14 - 3PM
michele115 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

Once an addict, always and addict

It was the illusion and imagination that got you caught up in his web... Drop it... A few relapses and a couple of rounds of rehab... Is that what you're missing? I didn't think so... Hard to let go of the illusion I know... But that really is what it is... Do you really wish you were her? I don't miss the non-stop chaos The constant blaming everything and everyone under the sun for his dysfunction... So, what is it that you are imagining... Stop torturing yourself. Once you know the facts, the rest is on us... Let him go.
Nov 14 - 2PM
MovinOnUp
MovinOnUp's picture

First off, keep in mind this

First off, keep in mind this day would be hard on you even if he wasn't an N. Second, try and be thankful that you dodged a bullet and it ISN'T you that will have to play the head games with this guy. Or God forbid try and play house and raise kids with him. Third, remind yourself how awesome you are to have the good sense to go to the gym and run on this beautiful Sunday. This is a huge hurdle -- and you WILL clear it. (((HUGS)))
Nov 14 - 2PM
Mariline
Mariline's picture

We could start a board

We could start a board prayer group for his wife. She needs a LOT of prayers. Go to your gym and become more beautiful than ever....and remember who he is. ((hugs)))
Nov 14 - 3PM (Reply to #2)
ACgirl
ACgirl's picture

It's not a real wedding

I know it's hard for you today, but know that it's not a real wedding. He is just doing it for some kind of "imagined" reason. Nothing that Narcs do is for real. He is doing it to either show that he can, or because he is scared for some reason. Once they say...."I do", everything else will be..."I don't". This too shall pass. It will never last or be real. I know it for sure. Narcs can never be honest or real. Never. It's a lead pipe sinch. Shortly you will write in here that he dumped her or she dumped in or she will write in under the name of "WhatdidIdoYikes" and tell us about how horrible her narc husband is. Go out, enjoy the beautiful day. Thank God that it is not you who is with the evil, horrible, sniveling lier, cheater scum bag. I may have left out other adjectives. You are the beautiful soul. Be happy you got away. xoxoACgirl.
Nov 15 - 1PM (Reply to #6)
ShaynasMommy
ShaynasMommy's picture

ACGirl

Funny you should mention the "WhatdidIdoYikes" LOL 'cause there is a show on Lifetime Movie Network called, "Who the @#$% did I Marry" and its all about N/P's and the havoc they wreak on unsuspecting women's lives. Iv'e seen a couple of episodes so far and some of these evil fuckers make the N's in our stories look like kittens!
Nov 14 - 6PM (Reply to #3)
Janet
Janet's picture

Thank you for your posts!

Thank you for your posts! They are so incredibly helpful and affirming. When I think about what his wife will get, I really do feel for her. They have been living together since around February, and so who knows how much of his awfulness he has let her see. It was rough goings for me almost from the top and YET I moved in with him after a year of hellish dating. She is rather indirectly related to one of the world richest men (but disinherited) but I do believe he wants to be connected to that name and a wife and baby will do it. He is, no doubt, hoping to get some of the family money and will take whatever she has as his. I was so broken by the years of emotional and physical abuse that by the time he D&Ded me that I served no "purpose" for him and therefore was tossed aside. The wedding is over and after the reception the reality hits. But for me, it is a new day and a brighter future (with stronger abs). This site is a life and sanity saver. Much love to you all! Peace. J

Peace. J

Nov 14 - 6PM (Reply to #4)
MsVulcan500
MsVulcan500's picture

Just keep that positive

Just keep that positive attitude, Janet! You really are the winner in this. You are well on your way to recovery and she doesn't even know what she is in for yet.
Nov 14 - 7PM (Reply to #5)
ACgirl
ACgirl's picture

That is exactly why he

That is exactly why he wanted to marry her. Feel sorry for her. My exnarc's OW was someone whose family had money. That is the ONLY reason why he chose to spend time with her. If she was just "someone" with no future money possiblity he never would have spent the time with her. And your exnarc only married her to get next to that name. Pretty soon, probably within a month, he will be cheating on her. I feel bad for her. Thank your lucky stars. You will find a knight in shinning armor who will be the REAL deal. Not some fake a-hole. I know it's not easy. We miss the dream. But remember, it was just a dream. They were NEVER that person. Like I could watch a movie...."Gone With The Wind" and fall in love with Rhett Butler. Then one of my friends would have to break the news gently to me that Mr. Butler does not exist. You see? It's all fake. Like a movie. So, think of today as the first day of the rest of your wonderful life!! xoxoAcgirl